Thursday 6 August 2015

physical chemistry - Given this liquid-liquid phase diagram, is the green line the nitrobenzene-rich phase?




phase diagram
The temperature-composition diagram for hexane and nitrobenzene at 1atm. The region below the curve corresponds to the compositions and temperatures at which the liquids form two phases. The upper critical temperature, $T_\mathrm{uc}$, is the temperature above which the two liquids are miscible in all proportions.



Am I right in assuming that the right side (green line) is the nitrobenzene rich phase? Is that always the case? Whichever one has the side with a mol fraction of 1 that side is more abundant? If you don't understand my question just tell me, and I'll clarify




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...