Wednesday 3 August 2016

tefilin - Replacing a lost cover for a tefillin shel yad


My tefillin shel yad had a cover that could slip on and off but the cover is lost and needs replacement. Is there a way I can determine the size so I can ask for a replacement? Are there standard sizes?



Answer



Yes, there are standard sizes, though obviously there are usually going to slight variations in fit for every pair of handmade tefilin. The sizes seem to be measured by cm2 millimeters. Based on my experience they tend to err towards a looser fit; I usually adjust this by adding a sticker or a piece of paper on the inside.


This piece is sometimes called a "yadlich," and a quick Google brings me to http://keterjudaica.com/Yadlich-Tefillin-Holder.html


(There's another page that uses the same size values but claim them to measure "cm.")


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...