Monday 15 August 2016

hebrew - Is it true that Yerushalmi Briskers pronounce Ayin as a velar nasal when they daven?



I read a post in a forum say that Briskers, apart from following the conventional Yeshivish pronunciation of Hebrew including oy for cholam, pronounce Ayin as a velar nasal. I just want to get this verified if its right or wrong because I thought that only in the Dutch pronunciation of Hebrew was this found. Also I thought that all haredi misnagdim had the same yeshivish pronounciation and didn't expect one group to have a variant of the standard yeshivish pronunciation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...