Tuesday 12 May 2015

passover - Listerine strips on Yom Kippur and Pesach


I heard recently in the name of Rav Hershel Schachter that you can consume Listerine strips (such as these) on both Yom Kippur and Pesach without worry.


I wonder if anyone can confirm this, and explain to me why and how it would be okay? It'd sure change my Yom Kippur...



Answer



You can listen to him discuss it here at 56:12. He says it isn't rau'i l'achilat adam (fit for human consumption) so it isn't considered eating. He quotes some opinions that it is a problem of washing the inside of the mouth on Yom Kippur, but he doesn't seem so impressed by the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...