Wednesday 10 June 2015

halacha - Properly focusing attention on Hashem


Recently I've been travelling to places, where I couldn't daven minchah in a synagogue, and in many cases I couldn't determine where mizrach was. In another question we saw that, based on Berakhot 30a, Orach Chayim 94:3 and Rambam Tefilah uVirkat Kohanim 5:3 rule that one should turn his heart towards his Father in Heaven (יכוין לבו כנגד אביו שבשמים). I interpreted this as somehow focusing my attention on Hashem by thinking about him for a moment. However, as a human being, many times I tried to visualise him, which raises concerns at least. What is the exact meaning of this passage from the gemara? How should one properly perform this in practice?





No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...