Saturday 2 May 2015

how to - How do observant Jews entertain themselves?


I used to be a secular Jew. As with any secular person, I watched tv, went to the movies, hung out with friends, went to bars, etc.


After becoming observant, most of these activities had to go. While I do believe that Jews are meant for a higher purpose than to waste their time on meaningless hobbies, I still sometimes feel bored and emotionally deprived if all I do is ruchnius.


Are there any kosher outlets for a frum person to ease the evil inclination and subside the American urge to "have fun"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...